Dairy is a big part of my family’s diet. Cheese, butter, and especially milk are staples on our table. And when the kids ask, we’d have ice cream sometimes.
Besides being delicious, dairy has loads of health benefits. It’s a great source for Calcium and Vitamin D that help my kids develop stronger bones, and reduces the risk of osteoporosis for adults like me and hubby. Dairy also has natural, high-quality protein that not only keeps hair, teeth, and muscles healthy but also gives energy to last throughout the day.
Other vitamins and minerals found in dairy include Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, potassium, riboflavin, phosphorus, and niacin. That’s why it’s important to eat or drink dairy products every day to maintain good heart health, proper brain and nerve function, ample amount of red blood cells, and healthy skin.
But you know what I learned recently? It’s not enough to buy just any dairy product in the market. Moms like me should be meticulous enough to choose those that are of high quality. And that’s why I’m glad to have discovered products that have the Real California Milk seal.
This seal means that you’re getting a true blue dairy product from America’s leading dairy state: California.
California is the leading producer of milk, ice cream, butter, and whey protein concentrate. It is also the second-largest producer of cheese and yogurt. That’s because the state has 1,300 dairy farms, 99% family-owned, which take good care of their cows so they yield top-quality milk. So when products have the Real California Milk seal, consumers are assured that they get only food containing nutrient-rich and high-quality 100% California milk.
And not only are they healthy—they’re yummy, too! I used some cheeses that have the Real California Milk seal to make a quick Cheesy Quesadilla snack for the family. What can I say, they loved it! Check out my recipe below and you can also make your own Cheesy Quesadilla.
Just remember to #LookForTheSeal when buying your cheese and other dairy products. You can find #RealCaliforniaMilkPhilippines items at the following grocery stores:
- S&R Membership Shopping (California Sunshine Milk and a wide variety of California Cheeses)
- Landers Superstore (Coolhaus pints and sammies, and a wide variety of California Cheeses)
- Robinsons Supermarket (California Cheeses)
- SM Hypermarket (California Cheeses)
- Merkado Supermarket (Coolhaus pints and sammies)
- Unimart Supermarket (Coolhaus pints and sammies)
And, of course I’m not forgetting my Cheesy Quesadilla recipe:
- 6 pcs tortilla wraps
- Real California Milk Cheeses:
- Sierra Nevada Organic Creamy Jack, sliced
- Sierra Nevada Graziers Raw Mild Cheddar, sliced
- Fiscalini San Joaquin Gold, grated
- Olive oil
1. Place the cheeses on one half of the tortilla. Make sure not to spread the cheese near the edge of the tortilla; leave about an inch of space from the edge. Fold the tortilla.
2. Brush a pan with olive oil and warm over low to medium heat. Place the tortilla in the pan and cook for about 2 minutes or until light brown. Flip and cook the other side.
3. Transfer the tortilla onto a plate and cut into triangles.
4. Repeat procedure with the remaining tortilla and cheese.
You can eat them with tomato salsa or marinara sauce, or just eat it as it is! Enjoy!
*This is a sponsored post.