The Starbucks Card, now in the Philippines
This is the treat Starbucks Philippines fans have all been waiting for.
Yes, the Starbucks Card is now here in the country!
The Starbucks Card actually works 2 ways: as a stored value card and a reward card.
As a stored value card, you can purchase any Starbucks item in any branch in the Philippines. Yes, the value in the card is as good as cash.
As a reward card, you can earn a Star (its term for “points”) when you purchase any handcrafted beverage, 250-g pack whole bean coffee, or 12-pack VIA Ready Brew. If you accumulate enough Stars, you can redeem a Grande-size handcrafted beverage (after earning 12 Beverage Stars), 250-g pack of any whole bean coffee (after earning 10 Whole Bean Stars), or a 12-pack VIA Ready Brew (after earning 10 VIA Stars).
Not only that: when you register your card at www.starbucks.ph/card, you can claim a free Grande handcrafted beverage instantly and a slice of cake every year on your birthday! Nice, right?
Some facts about the Starbucks Card:
– There’s a misconception that you need to purchase the card. Technically the card is FREE. In order to start using the card, you need to activate it by initially loading it with PHP300 or up. This amount is consumable (this is where the stored value bit comes in). You can reload your card from increments of PHP100. The maximum amount the card can hold is PHP10,000.
– For now, loading and reloading of the card can be done in the branch through cash, debit, or credit.
– You can use your Starbucks Card at any branch in the Philippines ONLY. You cannot use the card issued here in other countries, the same way you cannot use the cards issued in other countries here (I hope that wasn’t confusing).
– The card does not expire, provided that it still has load in it. So even if you don’t use your Starbucks Card for how many months but still has maintaining balance, it won’t expire. Cards that have zero balance after 3 years will expire, though.
– The amount in the card cannot be withdrawn.
– The Stars (points) have an expiry. As per Jamie, the Loyalty Manager, Stars earned within the year (example: January 1 to December 31) will expire March the following year.
– Rewards like the birthday cake (and other rewards coming soon) will expire after 60 days if not claimed.
– For now, there are only 2 card designs to choose from. Of course, Starbucks will come up with more designs in the future, so watch out for that.
– You can own more than 1 card. You can pool the stored value and Stars of your multiple cards into one account. Just register the cards at www.starbucks.ph/card under your account.
– If you lose your card, you can easily deactivate it online so that no one can use your card to purchase or redeem Starbucks items or rewards. When you get a new card and activate it, you can then transfer the stored value and points to the other card.
There’s so much to look forward to about this card, so you better get one now. If you can’t make it to the Grand Launch at Glorietta 2, Activity Center today, August 7, you can go to the nearest Starbucks store to get your own Starbucks Card.
And as an early treat, from August 7 to 9, customers who load their Starbucks Card with PHP1,500 will get PHP300 free! Ain’t that a great reward?
What are you waiting for? Get your Starbucks Card today and enjoy amazing perks!